Another COVID-19 Alert To Reach Mass-ive Audience

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

COVID-19 is posing a risk to 77 Massachusetts communities, and the state is continuing with a campaign to remind people to be vigilant about the pandemic. According to WBTS-TV, a second phone alert from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Authority is scheduled for Monday, November 2, reaching residents of 22 high-risk COVID areas.

“COVID is persistently high risk in these communities, and this alert is another important message to remind residents to remain vigilant – wear masks, get tested/stay home if they feel sick, stop having gatherings and practice social distancing,” Tory Mazzola, communications director for the Massachusetts COVID-19 Command Center, said in a statement.

The second Wireless Emergency Alert will be sent out between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Monday. People in the following communities will receive the alert: Acushnet, Attleboro, Boston, Brockton, Chelmsford, Gloucester, Holyoke, Hudson, Kingston, Leicester, Lowell, Malden, Marlborough, Methuen, Middleton, North Andover, Plymouth, Randolph, Springfield, Waltham, Webster, and Woburn. Nearby towns may also receive alerts depending on their cell tower placement. 

Last week, the first COVID-19 alert sent out by the state reached 10 high-risk communities. The COVID-19 alerts are part of Massachusetts’ broader campaign to remind people to keep being vigilant about the pandemic, Mazzola said.

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.