The GSMA announced the first confirmed speakers for the third gathering of MWC19 Los Angeles taking place October 22-24, at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The GSMA also released additional event details including new programs, exhibitors and participating companies.
The keynotes for the three-day conference program are:
- Tess Posner, CEO, AI4ALL
- Meredith Attwell Baker, President and CEO, CTIA
- Niklas Heuveldop, Senior Vice President and Head of Market Area North America, Ericsson
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Kenneth R. Meyers, President and CEO, U.S. Cellular and Chairman, CTIA
- Tami Erwin, Executive Vice President and Group CEO, Verizon Business
- Robert M. Bakish, President and CEO, Viacom
“The mobile industry touches the lives of billions of people around the world, and with the arrival of 5G, it is once again changing consumer behavior and business models across the globe. MWC19 Los Angeles will showcase a range of transformative use cases of the latest mobile technology across the industry’s vast ecosystem and adjacent sectors, exploring today’s new possibilities,” said GSMA CEO John Hoffman.
In addition to the keynote program, the MWC19 Los Angeles conference will offer 27 track sessions on transformational technologies under the four main themes of 5G, IoT, AI and Immersive Content. Topic breakouts include:
- 5G: economics, edge computing, industrial IoT, spectrum and network slicing;
- IoT: transportation, collaborative intelligence and security;
- AI: ethics, blockchain, disruptive innovation and data analytics; and
- Immersive Content: AR/VR, live entertainment, content creation, distribution, gaming, sports and entertainment, among other topic areas.
Executives and industry experts confirmed to speak in the conference sessions include:
- Andre Feutsch, CTO, AT&T
- Arvind Purushotham, Managing Director and Global Head of Venture Investing, Citi Ventures
- Darcy Antonellis, CEO, Vubiquity
- Dave O’Flanagan, CEO and Co-Founder, Boxever
- John Saw, CTO, Sprint
- Larry O’Reilly, CEO, ARHT Media
- Mary O’Neill, Vice President Security, Nokia
- Michael Sherwood, Director Information Technology and Chief Innovation Officer, City of Las Vegas
- Scott Casey, CTO, Greystar
- Yvette Martinez, CEO North America, ESL
The “Government and Public Policy” track led by CTIA will feature leading policymakers and industry experts exploring how decisions on spectrum, infrastructure and regulatory policy affect investment and innovation. For more information on the MWC19 Los Angeles conference program, visit: www.mwcamericas.com/conference-programs.
More information on MWC19 Los Angeles, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, is available at www.mwclosangeles.com. Follow developments and updates on MWC on Twitter @GSMAEvents using #MWC19, on their LinkedIn MWC page and on Facebook.
July 16, 2019