The Land Mobile Communications Council said 11 Frequency Advisory Committees (FACs) eligible to coordinate license applications for 800 MHz Expansion and Guard Band (EB/GB) channels signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) that will govern frequency coordination processes. The Wireless Infrastructure Association is one of those 11 groups. The LMCC represents wireless communications in public safety, critical infrastructure, business, industrial, transportation, private and common carriers and equipment manufacturers.
An earlier MOA was executed that established 10 a.m. ET on Thursday, May 16, as the EB/GB application pre-coordination date when the participating FACs will share and review application data necessary to avoid instances of mutual exclusivity. Should 800 MHz EB/GB applicants have questions, they are encouraged to contact the Frequency Advisory Committee of their choice.
In addition to WIA, the other 10 FACs participating in the MOA are:
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- American Automobile Association
- Association of American Railroads
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International
- Enterprise Wireless Alliance
- Forest Industries Telecommunications
- Forestry-Conservation Communications Association
- International Municipal Signal Association
- Utilities Telecom Council
May 15, 2019