The Wireless History Foundation (WHF) will induct five honorees into the Wireless Hall of Fame during the Foundation’s Awards Dinner in Los Angeles on September 12, at the Omni Hotel. The WHF described Cipov’s achievements in introducing this year’s inductees:
- Pat Cipov: “In almost four decades as president of Cipov Enterprises, Inc,” the WHF wrote, “Pat has been actively involved in all aspects of ownership and operations of the wireless construction and maintenance of communication towers and antenna systems. A widely recognized industry leader, she has served as Chair of the National Association of Tower Erectors (NATE), and on multiple national association committees. Pat’s influence on diverse components of wireless communications construction and maintenance has left an indelible impact on the safety and quality of the industry.”
- Barry A. Adelman: a lawyer in the early days of the wireless industry
- Alain Maloberti: first chairman of the European standards group ETSI SMG2, the group that standardized the GSM radio interface.
- Liz Maxfield: founder of Wireless History Foundation and the Foundation’s first Executive Director
- Ed Reynolds: former Chief Network Officer of Cingular and led the integration of the Cingular and AT&T Wireless networks.
WHF Board member Rob Mechaley, CEO of MobileSphere Holdings and chairman of the 2018 selection committee, stated: “The Class of 2018 has made important contributions that fueled the technologic, regulatory and partnering innovations necessary to fuel the wireless revolution.”
Additional information on the Hall of Fame is available on the WHF web site at www.wirelesshistoryfoundation.org. For information about the dinner, including sponsorships and invitations please contact Jenifer Snyder at: [email protected].
June 19, 2018