The Wireless Infrastructure Association announced yesterday Paul Roberts, Vice President, Compliance, American Tower Corporation, was elected to serve as Chairperson of WIA’s Telecommunications Industry Registered Apprenticeship Program (TIRAP) Executive Board. A new slate of officers was also elected.
Newly elected officers include:
- Vice Chairperson: Beau Aero, President and Founder, GME Supply Co
- Chairperson Emeritus: David Sams, Vice President of Risk Management, SBA Communications Corporation
Other board members include:
- Jonathan Adelstein, President and Chief Executive Officer, Wireless Infrastructure Association
- Richard Cullum, Director of Safety, Crown Castle
- Joel Hightower, Chief Executive Officer and Owner, Hightower Communications Inc.
Roberts has served on the TIRAP Board since its inception. At American Tower, he administers the Safety and Health initiatives and supports the company’s public policy efforts through direct advocacy with federal policy makers. He works with industry groups and government representatives to champion telecommunications workforce development and advocates for laws and policies that propel the rapid delivery of broadband deployment across the nation.
Prior to his 17 years with American Tower, Roberts practiced law as a partner in the firm Monaco & Roberts; was Chief Operating Officer for Vision Factory, a software development firm; and Chief Information Officer for the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
“I am honored to serve as Chairperson of the TIRAP Executive Board. This could be a crucial year for making our greatest strides yet to equip the workforce with the resources it needs,” said Roberts. “As we move closer to 5G, it is more important now than ever to train the telecommunications workforce that will build the infrastructure needed for mobile connectivity, and I am pleased to work toward this goal with my fellow board members and Industry.”
June 7, 2019