MSA is issuing this Safety Advisory to inform you that it has received field reports that some green colored MSA V-Gard Protective Caps are cracking. The cracking occurs at the top of the cap, and is not caused by an impact. MSA has confirmed that the issue is limited to green colored, medium size MSA V-Gard Protective Caps and that corrections have been made to prevent recurrence.
MSA is advising all V-Gard Protective Cap customers to obtain replacements for any green colored, medium size MSA V-Gard Protective Caps that meet any of the following:
- Manufactured in April 2017, or May 2017, and sold outside the U.S. and Canada with “ENSAMBLADO EN MEXICO” molded under the brim
- Manufactured in April 2017, or May 2017, and sold in the U.S. or Canada with a logo or stripes
- Manufactured in September 2017, or October 2017, and sold both inside and outside the U.S. and Canada with a label that says “PRODUCT OF U.S.”
Remove from service, render unusable and dispose of green colored MSA V-Gard Protective Caps that meet any of the above criteria.
MSA V-Gard Protective Caps are to be inspected prior to and after each use in accordance with MSA’s Type I Protective Helmet Instructions and labels. Immediately remove from service any hard hats with cracks or other damage.
When a crack occurs in a cap, the dielectric, impact and penetration protection of the cap may be affected.
See the Safety Advisory for more details.
If you have any questions regarding this Safety Notice, please contact MSA Customer Service as follows:
- U.S., Canada, or U.S. Territories – 1-866-672-0005 or email: [email protected].
- Outside the U.S., Canada, and U.S. Territories – 724-776-8626 or email: [email protected].
MSA said, “We apologize for any inconveniences that this may cause; however, your safety and continued satisfaction with our products is important to us.”
July 25, 2018