Meetup Africa will end today in Johannesburg, following a series of panels on a variety of topics affecting the African market.
The issues being covered following the keynote address on reducing MTN’s carbon footprint are:
Driving Efficiencies in Site Operations
Operational experts share their experiences in bringing new efficiencies to sites to improve site uptime and reduce opex
- Moderator: Spencer Crawford White, CTO, Delmec
- Siphile Sibaya, Manager, Site Infrastructure, MTN
- Roy Cursley, Group Director of PMO, Helios Towers
- Salah Medawar, COO, ieng Group
- Taona Jakashira, Head of Power Operations, Econet Wireless
Technology spotlight: How can the supply chain best support efficiency gains?
Select equipment and service providers share their views on where the supply chain can make the biggest impact on site operations.
- Wu Haijun, VP of Energy Product Department, Huawei
- Rani Ariss, Vice President, EMEA, Acsys
- Miloud Abdelilah, Managing Director, Eltek
- Carita Tissari da Costa, Sales Director, Flexenclosure
- Shunsuke Komoto, Industrial Batteries & Power Sources Business Unit, GS Yuasa
Focus session: The rise of ESCO model in sub-Saharan Africa
Current and forecast sites under ESCO management, how the business model and investment landscape has evolved and what does the future hold?
- Moderator: Kieron Osmotherly, Founder & CEO, TowerXchange
- Charles Henry DuPrez, Managing Director, Off-Grid Renewable Energy, Voltalia
- Sebastian Martin, Group Chief Commercial and Business Development Officer, Camusat/ Aktivco
- Ofer Ahiraz, CEO, Energy Vision
- Khaled Habbal, VP & COO, IPT Power
October 10, 2018