The South Wireless Associations are now accepting applications for the 2019 Fall Semester Scholarship Fund. The scholarship committee will award one student in each of the ten state associations and will receive a grant for the Fall 2019 semester.
- The student must be enrolled full-time in his/her graduate or undergraduate studies at an accredited college or university.
- The student’s family member must be a member of one of the South Wireless Associations: Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas-Oklahoma, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas or the Carolinas and live in the state where the awarded scholarship association is awarded.
- The student must have and maintain a 3.0 GPA average in high school and college and must maintain the 3.0 GPA to remain eligible and have received a 23 score or better on the ACT.
- Each state’s association will award the scholarship to a prospective student in their state.
- AD HOC Scholarship-This Semester-One Scholarship, in addition to the 10 state scholarships- will be awarded to a resident of a South Wireless Association state that is a member that will be attending an accredited university in another state that comprises one of the states that make up the South Wireless Association (NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, OK, AR, TN, KY, TX). e.g.: An Alabama resident that will be attending Vanderbilt in Nashville; a Georgia resident attending Duke University in Durham, etc. The student must denote that he or she is applying as an AD HOC candidate on the application.
- The remaining ten scholarships require that the student must attend school in the state in which the scholarship is awarded. The student must be a resident of the state that awards the scholarship, i.e. Texas Scholarship will go to a Texas resident who attends an accredited Texas university. Past recipients of the Fall, 2018 SWS Scholarship, must have maintained a minimum of a 3.0 GPA to reapply.
- Previous Award Recipients are encouraged to apply.
- This Scholarship is for FALL, 2019 ONLY, the candidate must be enrolled in an accredited University or College-Full time for FALL, 2019 to be eligible for the FALL, 2019 Scholarship. Winning the FALL, 2019 scholarship is a stand-alone award, and the South Wireless Association will award all future scholarships on a bi-annual basis.
- Once the student has met the criteria above, an essay must be submitted: Title and Subject: “The Effects and Opportunities of Wireless Technology in Business & Culture in Third World Countries.”
- Applicants will then be vetted and Candidates may be interviewed during the selection process.
Applications and all the required attachments must be submitted to the following e-mail box: [email protected] by 5 p.m. EDT –JUNE 20, 2019 . No mailed in applications will be considered. All the scanned documents must be legible and easily printed. All scanned items must be scaled and formatted to an 8” x 11” paper size. The scanned file, must be emailed and attached with the completed application; If the scanned files are not downloadable, the application will be voided.
May 29, 2019