AT&T Sues Iberville Parish After Council Blocks Cell Tower Permit

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

AT&T (NYSE: T) has filed a lawsuit against the Iberville Parish (LA) Government after the Parish Council denied the company’s request to install a cellular tower in the Bayou Estates Subdivision, according to the Plaquemine Post South.

At its July 15 meeting, the Council declined to act on AT&T’s second attempt to secure a permit for the project. Members had previously voted against the request, siding with residents who raised concerns about safety and property values.  

The meeting drew a packed chamber of Bayou Estates residents, many of whom urged council members to reject the tower. One key concern was the potential risk posed to 13 nearby pipelines carrying natural gas, benzene, and chlorine, should the tower collapse.

Parish President Chris Daigle told the Post South that the matter is now in the hands of parish attorneys. 

“I have talked to the Council and let them know we’ve received this notice, but they are also wanting us to stand with the constituents,” “There are many out there who want this project to happen, but the closest community to it is against it,” Daigle said. “The council members want to fight it, and we’re going to fight it.””

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.