The New York State Wireless Association (NYSWA) will host a Regulatory Roundtable February 6, 2020 at TheTimesCenter, 242 W 41st Street, New York, NY 10036. The event features FCC General Counsel Thomas M. Johnson, Jr., who will lead an in-depth discussion of the latest legal issues facing the wireless telecommunications industry.
Johnson has served as General Counsel of the FCC since October 2017. As the Commission’s chief legal advisor, Johnson argued the Restoring Internet Freedom case before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
There, he defended the agency’s adoption of a light-touch, transparency-based approach to broadband regulation and repeal of the so-called “net neutrality” rules. Johnson has also taken a leading role in drafting and defending in court the Commission’s policies to promote deployment of wireless infrastructure and free up spectrum that will be critical to the development of 5G services. Registration at $50 per person can be purchased here.
A panel of in-house counsel from carriers, AT&T and Verizon, and infrastructure providers, Crown Castle and InSite Wireless, will prepare questions to ask during this discussion moderated by Robert Gaudioso, Partner, Snyder & Snyder.
- Jeff Slade, Assistant Vice President – Senior Legal Counsel, AT&T Communications
- Robert Strobel, Associate General Counsel, Verizon Wireless
- Edward B. Adams, Jr., Vice President Legal, Crown Castle
- Roni Jackson, General Counsel, InSite Wireless Group
- Robert Gaudioso, Partner, Snyder & Snyder (Moderator)