The SCF Industry Awards were announced yesterday at the close of the Small Cells World Summit held in London. The awards are judged independently by a panel of industry analysts and journalists. This year’s judging panel includes Keith Dyer, editor of The Mobile Network; Sue Rudd, Director of Networks and Service Platforms, Strategy Analytics; Dean Bubley, founder of Disruptive Analysis, Roberto Kompany, Principal Analyst, Service Provider Networks, at Omdia and Mark Keenan, Director of Real Wireless.
Caroline Gabriel, Chair of the judging panel, said, “It was fantastic to celebrate and recognize the innovation in our industry at the SCF Industry Awards. The winners reflect a diverse and changing ecosystem, and an evolving set of deployment models and use cases for small cells.
Awards and winners were:
- Excellence in commercial deployment by a service provider: Jio 5G Small Cells
- Excellence in commercial deployment by a private network operator: Vilicom
- Outstanding small cell technology in commercial use: Freshwave
- Outstanding software and services technology for small cells, in commercial use:ETRI and EUCAS
- Outstanding innovation in chips or components to enable small cell networks: Satelles
- Commercial product or service to enable multi-operator and neutral host business models: CommScope: ONECELL Direct
- Social Impact – Promoting Small Cells for Social/Economic/Environmental Development: ZenFi
- Women in wireless award: Rebecca Gray. Boingo; Lianne East, CommScope; Vicky Messer, Picocom