VIAVI announces the release of an enhanced range of OTDR solutions, a combination of advanced OTDR modules coupled with a new user experience.
In the next three years, fiber deployment likely will triple to keep pace with the worldwide demand for network capacity, meaning a sharp increase in the number of new technicians who will be tasked with fiber installation, construction and maintenance, according to VIAVI. This rapid growth is driving the need for easy-to-use fiber certification tools which guide technicians through processes, ensure compliance to methods of procedure (MoP) and certify networks for future service upgrades.
- Minimal learning time and greater control – intuitive smart device touch control
- Error free test – no setup, guided and repeatable test (SmartTest)
- Result analysis improvements – 3 correlated views: Link Map, Trace and Table
- One tool for construction and live network maintenance
- Ability to cut volume of results by 50% – consolidated multi-wavelength reports
- Submit reports faster – on-board generation and direct upload to the cloud
The enhanced VIAVI OTDR portfolio is supported by the StrataSync Test Process Automation suite, allowing users to manage both direct techs and contractors with the same solution to streamline job allocation, workflow, reporting and auditing by removing manual processes. According to VIAVI, users benefit by speeding time to revenue and ensuring successful service turn-up on the first visit – no repeat truck rolls, activation delays or SLA penalties.